Project Finish: QuiltCon Hexagon Quilt


I started this quilt back in February at QuiltCon in Jacquie Gering's Piecing Hexagons by Machine class. The class was awesome, we learned all about hexagons and new ways to cut them out, design, and sew with them!


The pin-up girls are recycled fabric - I originally made a vintage wrap-around dress from this fabric maybe 9 years ago. This was entirely made from scraps and stash fabric, and these are BIG hexi's that are 7 1/2" across. I finally finished the hexi class quilt at the end of last week - just in time to spend the entire holiday weekend huddled underneath it with a terrible head cold. Ick! I'm feeling better today, and am moving on to tackle another half-finished project on the pile. That is, once I catch up with the rest of my life after taking three days off to be sick. :-/


Comments

greeblygreebly said…
That is so cute! I am a bit obsessed with hexes lately. I love what you've done with them here.

Erika's Top Trending Posts: