How to make a Log Cabin Café Patchowrk Apron from Miss Sews-it-all


Just in time for the holidays, here's my modern log cabin patchwork apron tutorial, go get it for free at WeAllSew.com!


I used a mix of modern and vintage fabrics for this apron, stitching each course from the same fabrics. I thought it would be fun to also make one where each patchwork piece is made from a different fabric, too - it's on my worktable but I haven't stitched it together yet!

This is also a great tutorial for turning ANY patchwork design into an apron. Simply finish your patchwork to the dimensions of the apron body (25" x 18"), then follow the tutorial to stitch your patchwork into an apron. I've been using this technique with orphan blocks lately, it's a quick and easy way to make something fun and functional from scraps/unused blocks.

I hope you enjoy the free tutorial, and if you happen to stitch up a Log Cabin Patchwork Apron for yourself, be sure to share a photo with me!

Happy stitching,
Erika

Comments

Erika's Top Trending Posts: