Fidget's Pre-K Class Quilts


I just finished the last of the 5 service quilts from Fidget's class! All of the kids in her school's Pre-K classes used fabric markers to draw on white fabric squares, and they all did a fabulous job. We had enough squares to create 5 quilts to donate to charity; each one uses a different color fabric to frame all the drawings - we had a pink, orange, green, blue and magenta quilt.


I have to admit this blue quilt is my favorite, especially this happy guy under a fabulous rainbow (not Fidget's drawing)! For reals, look at how much time the child took drawing all the colors in this rainbow - I love it!

We're donating these service quilts through Project Night Night to a shelter in our area that serves children, and hopefully these quilts will go on to make a child feel warm and bring a little bit of comfort.

These were so simple to sew together, here are the stats:
  • Finished quilt size approximately 36" x 45"
  • Finished block size is 10" x 10", cut white cotton fabric squares 10 1/2" X 10 1/2 "
  • Finished sashing is 1" wide, cut strips for sashing 1 1/2" wide
  • Finished border is 2" wide, cut border strips 2 1/4" wide
  • Finish with any binding method, I machine sewed the binding to end up at 1/2" wide on the front and back
I finished sewing the last of these quilts the morning of Mother's Day, they went together very quickly. I'm sure they will be well loved by their new owners!

Comments

Sally said…
I love this service quilt! Drawings by children are just so much fun!

I wish I knew how to do the fitting/grading stuff with the patterns. I'm usually too lazy to bother (let's just be honest…), but every once in a while, it is something that I wish I knew!

Erika's Top Trending Posts: