Learn to use Furoshiki Wrapping Cloths


Furoshiki, or the Japanese tradition of wrapping items in cloth, isn't anything new. You can find lots of stuff online about how to create some traditional furoshiki wraps, and where to buy traditional Japanese furoshiki.

I feel like I'm late to the party using furoshiki this holiday season, especially since I'm, you know, knee-deep in so much fabric!


I am obsessed with using fabrics from my stash and some of the furoshiki wraps I just discovered (like the bottle wraps and the shoulder bag pictured above). These are all perfect ways to carry food and drink to a holiday party or to give a hostess gift!


You can use a large square of fabric or recycle any large piece of fabric with a fun or bold print for furoshiki, like vintage table linens, tablecloths, vintage sheets, or large square scarves. Find my quick tutorial posted at BERNINA's WeAllSew blog to find out how to create a simple, large furoshiki wrapping cloth from yardage of fabric with an easy edge finish, and find step-by-steps for wrapping bottles or creating a shoulder bag. Happy Holidays!

Comments

Erika's Top Trending Posts: