Bitty stitches for babies

There's been a whole lotta stitchin' for bitty babies around here. We have both friends and family expecting a brand new bitty baby in the next couple of months!

One of my favorite stand-by gifts includes a matching set for diaper changes made from my own Baby Changing Pad tutorial and a really cool Diaper Pouch tutorial from one of my favorite crafty bloggers, Noodlehead.

Recieving blankets are another favorite gift, and I plan on making a coordinated set to pair with the handmade Snuggler from Lotta Jansdotter's book, Simple Sewing for Baby. I haven't stitched up a Snuggler yet, but I hear this pattern is soooooper cute, and I can't wait to try one.

Speaking of patterns for bitty babes that I am dying to stitch up, have you seen the Baby Binky Bunny pattern from mmmcrafts at Etsy? Dude. I have no idea how I've resisted buying this pattern so far. Seriously - as soon as I finish typing and linking, I'm off to get my copy. 

And last but not least, I love whipping up a set of bitty bottle bibs for babies. I used these from birth all the way through the teething drooling times - and K still wears them for snacks! This is K at 3 months wearing one of the bibs - looking at me like, "Whattarya doin', Ma? Where's my lunch?"


These bibs are a great shape, and the towelling makes them extra absorbent!


You may recognize these as the very same pattern published in the Through The Needle magazine back in February. I'd also like to share the project with you, and will be posting in the next couple of days - so keep your eyes peeled! And now I'm off to pick up a Baby Binky Bunny pattern. Happy stitching!

Comments

Erika Mulvenna said…
Holy crap, I just saw this photo online and can't believe my little girl was EVER this tiny! She's almost 4 now. And, we still have all of those bibs I made for her - they last forever.
Unknown said…
Time flies so fast doesn't it. Your little girl is so adorable modelling that bib.
Erika Mulvenna said…
Thanks so much Angela! I love looking back at these pics, she was such a good little baby. :-)

Erika's Top Trending Posts: