Quilt THIS!

Sunday our regular meeting at the Chicago Modern Quilt Guild turned into an all out quilt-off competition called the IRON QUILTER! We broke up into teams, each team was given a paper bag of limited supplies, and we were told to create a quilt in just a few hours. My fellow teammates Sarah, Rachel and Donna were all great to work with and I learned so much from quilting with them for just a few hours.

I brought my camera, but I was SO FOCUSED on helping to finish our project that I didn't take any pictures of our group until we were almost finished. Here is Donna quilting our team's creation:


Our team's brown paper bag was full of mostly red, dark blue, and ecru colored fabrics, a small piece of batting, some really busy (i.e. ugly) bright prints and a ziplock bag full of cording, yarns, buttons and trims. We made blocks that looked like tic-tac-toe boards (which I learned are called nine-patch blocks) with some wonky cut strips and stitched all together in one piece. We all added some embellishments from the bag onto each of the blocks - so we ended up with something that looked part traditional and part modern. Here's a run down of all the entries:

Group #1 (my team!):

Group #2:

Group #3:


Group #4:


And Group #5:

I think these are all so amazing for being created in just a few hours! Want to know who won the Iron Quilter? Just click on over to the Chicago Modern Quilt Guild blog to find out!

Comments

Donna said…
I'm so glad you featured the five results individually. Fun to study them! These pieces are each amazing. Good times! You are going on the next retreat, right!?

Erika's Top Trending Posts: