I finally finished the second vintage scrap quilt!
The front is pieced with 1/2" red strips bordering the vintage scraps, and the back is pieced with 1/2" navy blue strips along the vintage scraps. The vintage scraps are quilted with 1/2" wide straight lines, while the white fabric in between is free motion quilted with flowers similar to those in some of the fabrics. I finished the whole thing with red binding.
I think I know what "overquilting" is now. I mean, you can see some of the flowers, but others seem to get lost in all that quilting. Seriously, that is a LOT of mother lovin' free motion stitching.
Still, despite my struggle to finish this quilt, I do really like it. Especially after finishing the binding and sending it through the wash.
I feel good about finishing both of these quilts (this one for me and the one I made for my tot) because the scraps were saved from the trash, and I can't help but feel like the original owner would be happy to see her fabric scraps finally stitched into cozy quilts that are used - and loved.