First Day


We got a last minute call that there was an opening in one of the preschool programs we were wait-listed for in our neighborhood, and Fidget embarked on her first day of school TODAY!

So, yes, I'm very proud and nervous for her all at the same time. We tried not to make too much of a big deal out of the day, she's already so shy and we didn't want to put extra pressure on her. Yes, she was THE most shyest kid in the class when I dropped her off this morning, clinging to my leg until the teacher finally pried her off and took her by the hand to play. As soon as she looked the other way I ducked out of the classroom and sneaked around to the window to peek in. She looked painfully nervous, but I know she will be OK.

I'm looking forward to settling in to our new schedule, finding time to work from home and having a little more structure to our days. And to hearing about how Fidget's days in school went, who her new freinds are, and seeing her start to grow into more of her own person.

Life is good!

Comments

Amy Bailes said…
Bless her heart - she looks a bit terrified. I pray that her day goes wonderful - would like to know how she did!

And save this picture! I've seen some fabulous last day of high school photos with the grown child holding a picture of themselves on their first day of pre-k/kindergarten!
Emily said…
Congrats on finding a place! :) Enjoy your uninterrupted work time! :)
Mary P said…
YAY! Glad you got a spot.
Sue R. said…
Oh my goodness! I could just hug her..what a sweet pic! I think she'll love Pre-K! I would love to here what she shares with you about her day!
Sue R. said…
*hear not here.. oops!
Erika Mulvenna said…
Thanks everyone! When I went to pick her up, she was sitting at a little table with some of the other kids. Her first words to me were "Go away Mommy, I want to stay here!"

Yep, she did great. The teacher said although she was definitely shy she didn't complain, cry, or even say she wanted to go home. Now she can't wait for the next day of school!

Erika's Top Trending Posts: