I just took the finished yellow and blue quilt out of the dryer.
This was an experiment in improvisational piecing. I did a great job with piecing at the start, but once I started adding larger pieces of fabric to the design I think my accuracy in cutting started to suffer - which means it is a little wonky towards the edges.
I quilted with straight lines, or should I say mostly straight lines! Although, after taking it out of the dryer the lines don't look nearly as crooked as I felt like they were when I was quilting.
So, a few lessons learned about cutting, piecing, and stitching when it comes to larger pieces of fabric in a quilt design. And a not-to-shabby job of some improve piecing to boot. All in all, a good exercise. And now it's on to the next project...