Monday, August 11, 2014

Nice Headlights!

I just finished this block as an addition to a Chicago Modern Quilt Guild group project to support breast cancer patients/research. Each one of us is making a block based on a slang term for the breasts (and I've seen sneak peeks of some of the other blocks, this is going to be a fantastic quilt).

Naturally, I chose to work with "Headlights"!

Nice Headlights!
 
And of course, the Meteor was my model!
 
 
I used a combination of fusible webbing and stitches to make the block, using the photo as a guide.
 
 
It was fun, and I'd LOVE to make a larger piece based on the Meteor sometime soon! I think it turned out pretty awesome.
 
I'll definitely share photos of our finished CMQG charity quilt when it all comes together, and I can't wait to see all the other blocks! Next on my list is going back to the "new project" for another try, hopefully it will start to come together for me - and I'll share photos of that, too!

No comments: