Paused

In the middle of the stay-at-home order earlier this summer, we lost my stepfather to non-Covid related pneumonia.


His health had been failing in the last few years, and he was really struggling with several health issues in the months before his passing. It's been really tough for my family, especially my mom. He was definitely a quirky guy, a bit stubborn at times, but with a wicked funny bone and knack for getting you with his dry sense of humor. We all miss him very, very much.


We couldn't hold a traditional memorial service at the time of his passing because of the pandemic. It's been a difficult pause in the process of mourning for the whole family.


We planned to try to hold a small, personal memorial mid-August. Now we find that we're having to plan a memorial that's both socially distanced for the few of us that will meet in person, and virtual for those of us who won't be with us.


In a way, finally planning for the memorial feels like hitting the play button again after being paused for so many months, and we're all looking forward to getting together and sharing memories.

This is also one of the reasons I've been so silent here on my own blog. I haven't had very much good news to share since May (other than my totally rad, custom painted vintage sewing machine I shared in the last post!). I'm hoping after the memorial I'm ready to hit "play" and start moving forward with my creative life once again.

Stay safe and be well,
Erika

Comments

Cheryl said…
I'm so sorry. I hope this service helps you and your family. Virtual hugs.
Erika Mulvenna said…
Thanks a million Cheryl for stopping by my blog, and for the virtual hugs. Best - Erika
Sorry about your father in law. We just lost hubby's aunt to a heart attack this morning. It's hard when you can't even give any family members a hug during this time.

Erika's Top Trending Posts: