Fabric Scrap Strawberry Tutorial

 


I got inspired to make these little scrappy fabric strawberries from an old 1970's craft book that I thrifted years ago. The book included some large, oversized fruit-shaped pillows. If you're my age, you probably remember the trends of oversized, stuffed items in the 1970's, especially inspired by the art of Claes Oldenburg.

Those strawberries got stuck in my head, I would think about them every so often, they were so kitchy and cute! I wanted my own stuffed strawberry.


So, I made a smaller version to satisfy my craving for cute, stuffed strawberries. These little strawbs are made from scrap fabric and can be used either as a simple stuffie (just for the fun of it), a pincushion, a pattern weight, or a smell-tastic sachet.

I shared a FREE, downloadable pattern and tutorial to make the strawbs over at BERNINA's WeAllSew blog, find it here!


Of course, the strawberries do fit perfectly in the fabric pin basket tutorial that I posted previously - find a link to this free tutorial here. I hope you enjoy the freebies, and if you happen to make any of these projects be sure to tag me @erika.mulvenna on Instagram so I can see your creations!

Comments

Erika's Top Trending Posts: