All this hand stitching has been a learning experience, just like everything else with this project. You can see the stitches a bit on the shape to the left in the picture above. I was trying out different stitches before I switched to a more invisible stitch. I may go back and re-stitch that piece if the stitching really stands out when it's close to finished.
You can still see some basting stitching and pins here. I used both basting and pins to hold all the shapes in place for stitching. But now you can start to see what this piece is all about!
Still a few more stitches to go on this part before moving on to the other shapes to be added. Getting this far has me excited about finishing this project, and I hope to work more on it this weekend. Stay tuned for more updates!