Well, I didn't quite finish resurrecting her last year - the temperatures started falling before I completed her new coat of paint. But - this past weekend the temperatures finally broke (Spring is here!), and I dug this project out of storage.
All the parts are painted a pretty cherry red, including the new hand-crank attachment that will transform this into a people-powered machine. She will travel with me to crafting and sewing events where there is no electricity!
Now for my favorite part, painting this lady with some new designs. Since my other Singer 66 has Red Eye decals, I'm thinking this will be my inspiration. I have everything I need to start painting, except maybe the time. You know how it goes, this is one of those projects where it is better to have a block of time where you won't be interrupted to work on - so as soon as I find some of that precious everyone-leave-me-alone time, you'll see some results!