Sewing Goals

Did you set some sewing or crafting goals for yourself this year?


My goal for this year has been two fold; to concentrate on sewing ONLY one large project at a time, and to focus more on my own creative work.

So far, I'm still in the clearing-out stage of my plan, finishing up all the projects I had going on before starting my next creative project. I finished the Yellow and Blue quilt I was working on, and I also finished a series of vintage-inspired patchwork aprons that were due this month and will be shared over at Quilty later this year. And then I just realized (literally, as in just this very moment) that I still haven't finished ye old hexagon quilt that I started in Jacquie's Hexagon Piecing class at Quilt Con back in February, crap. So that one might just have to wait for a rainy day. Oh, and I did find a wooden base for the custom vintage Singer 66 hand crank conversion, and I just need to get on staining and sealing it to finish up that project. Phew!

So, what's next? I mean, what's on the docket for after I finish up all of these current projects? Yes, first and foremost, don't take on any other new projects! And then (finally) on to starting the next landscape project that I mentioned here back in May. I am going to make a much smaller version first, kind of a test to make sure my cut-and-sew math formulas are correct. I'm also not sure if I want to format this landscape as a square or rectangle, so I'll try to make a decision after finishing the little test piece. I will keep posting about my progress, if for nothing else than to keep myself on track. ;-)

And how about you? The year is about half-over, what are your goals and are you working towards reaching your goals?

Comments

Sally said…
This summer, I'm trying to have the summer of Sally :) I finished an outstanding project and I've proceeded to sew a couple things for myself and a couple of other things that I just wanted to do. I still have a few more UFO's to clear from my plate and I just want to have some fun and try some things I haven't tried before, too.
Donna said…
It's fun to see how others prioritize their sewing time. My big goal is to figure out what I want to do with the Marcia Derse fabrics I bought in Austin. I keep thumbing through my Yoshiko Jinzenji books in preparation. Thanks for making me step back from current works and think!

Erika's Top Trending Posts: