Kicking Ass On The New Project!

Last time I posted about my new project, it was totally kicking my ass, remember that? I had to do a lot of trial-and-error to find a piecing method that works for this quilt. Happy to report that I've found a method that, however tedious and slow it is, works awesome. Yes! And as I'm adding another row this afternoon I wanted to throw a few pictures up to share.



Here's the plan for this quilt as recorded in my sketch book back in February. I've actually had the idea for this quilt in my head longer than that, but it took me a few months to work it out on paper. The idea for the colors comes from a very basic color theory assignment; rearrange the colors in the RYB 12-step color wheel in a new way based on personal preference. Since red is my favorite color, it takes the center spot in the design with the other colors from the color wheel radiating out from there. (Remember my color theory assignments? This is assignment #2.)

There's lots of points in this quilt, and thankfully they are looking nice and, well, pointy!


I'm just over half-way finished with the piecing, here it is draped on the ironing board.


I'm pretty pleased, as I wasn't sure I could get my drawing translated to fabric. Yes! It will probably take me the rest of the week to find time to finish the top. Then I have to stew over the quilting for awhile before diving in. Still trying to think of what to call this quilt when it's finished, but I've been referring to it as the "triangle" quilt. What do you think of my triangles so far?

Comments

Jean said…
Absolutely gorgeous! Can't wait to see it when you are done. Thank you for sharing your personal rainbow.
Amy said…
This is gorgeous,Erika! I'm so glad you figured out a method for piecing it because I really want to see it finished! Love it.
Crafty Coffin said…
I love this design - I can't wait to see it all finished!
Unknown said…
OMG gorgeous, love the colors.

Erika's Top Trending Posts: