I'm Going Quilting!


I'm getting ready to pack my bags to go on my first ever quilt retreat with the Chicago Modern Quilt Guild! Since I'm a total quilt retreat novice, I've posted over at http://www.weallsew.com/ today asking everyone to give me a little advice on what to bring, what not to bring, and how to pack. Hop on over to my post there if you'd like to give me some help!

I am also working on getting everything together for the projects coming with me to the retreat.


First, I am determined to finish using the rest of the vintage pieced fabric strips that I found earlier this year. I had an idea for taking the squares apart to make a more intricate design, but just decided about two hours ago that idea would take way too long. I just want to finish this one up, so I am going to leave the strips as-is and add a few thinner strips of solid colors in between each strip. I should have this one finished for sure!


I also have a bundle of fat-quartered Dick and Jane fabrics that I bought years ago at Quilt Festival. I think it would be perfect paired with a few solid colors using Amy Butler's Sexy Hexy Love Quilt! Can't wait to lay out the fabrics to see the possibilities with this pattern! I probably won't finish this one, but if I can get it all planned and cut I will be happy.

Midwestern Landscape Detail

Oh yeah, and I do plan on finishing up this art quilt that I started at the beginning of this year, too! Just a few more hand-sewn applique thingies and binding, and this project will be done. Phew!

Okay, so now I just have to make sure to pack everything I need for these projects - you know, in between the working from home and mommying and house-wifery going on here! Oh yeah, and it's also POTTY TRAINING TIME at our house, which basically means I spend most of the day sitting in the bathroom with my tot just waiting for the inevitable...and waiting... and waiting.....

Comments

Jean C. said…
Hi.... just stopped by to visit your blog... I came to visit via "A little sewing on the side.... anyway... I hope the "potty training" going o.k. my daughter just finished up with her littlest one this past Summer. We found if we gave lots of water to drink then they have a tendency to realize that they have to go...
Good Luck! Take some hand sewing in there with you!

Erika's Top Trending Posts: