Pulling a Late-Nighter

My hubs got temporarily switched to the night shift a few days ago, and I've been pulling a few late-nighters myself. I finished quilting the last of the second vintage scrap quilts two nights ago, and started on the binding last night. (Check back to see my first vintage scrap quilt right here)

Binding the vintage scrap quilt

Tonight is one more night shift for my hubs, and one more late-nighter of stitching for me. I plan on a marathon of hand stitching binding tonight while watching as much Star Trek: TNG as I can handle, and I think I will call this quilt finished.

Although I was really in love with this quilt as I was piecing the top and the back, after all that quilting, quilting, quilting, it's just not the same love affair. Mostly because I got so frustrated with the free-motion stitching (well, because I just don't have a lot of experience with it) that I hurried through some of it. I just know I could have done a much better job, so now looking at this quilt kind of makes me cringe.

So, I will try to get some photos of the completely finished quilt next week. At least this was an invaluable lesson in free-motion; I know how to make my next attempt even better. And now I can move on to the next project!

Comments

Unknown said…
The "learning project" is always a tough one. It's hard to go easy on ourselves while we learn and make mistakes.

I'm sure after taking a break from it you will like it much better too. :)

Erika's Top Trending Posts: