Hexi's and Handbags


I made a nice little pile of paper pieced hexagons on our vacation! I think I am getting the hang of hexi's, and I also think I have a great idea for what to do with these when I have enough basted up. Only problem is I've been busy trying to finish another (overdue) project, and had to take a break from stitching up more.


I've made Fidget a Little Mod Bag to carry around, because she insists on having her own handbag whenever we leave the house.


She picked out the colors, her favorite pink with a white and orange flower. She carries it everywhere!


The Little Mod Bag is big enough to hold all the important stuff, like sunglasses, plastic farm animals (the cow and the horse are her current fav's), a handkerchief, and various other can't-live-without's.

The Little Mod Bag is actually my next project for WeAllSew.com! Once I finish editing the instructions (it always takes me longer than I think it will to write/edit project instructions, phew!) it will be posted at WeAllSew! The exterior of the bag is upholstery grade vinyl with vinyl applique shapes, and the instruction will include all patterns for the bag and applique shapes. Stay tuned - I will post here when the project link is up!

Comments

raebethriv said…
Great photo shoot of your daughter AND the bag!
Erika Mulvenna said…
Thanks Rachel! She's such a ham!

Erika's Top Trending Posts: