QuiltCon Linky Party!
I just read about the QuiltCon Linky Party, yay! This party is meant to help those of us headed to QuiltCon in a few weeks get to know each other a little before hand. So, this is me above! And here's a bit more:
5 Things You Probably Already Know About Me:
- I love to sew!
- I live in Chicago with my husband, our 4 year old girl Fidget, and my ever-growing collection of vintage sewing machines.
- I started quilting when I joined the Chicago Modern Quilt Guild two years ago.
- My favorite color is red.
5 Things You May Not Know About Me:
- I once was a judge at the Annual Midwest Tribute To The King Competition.
- Do you know Joan Cusack's charachter in Sixteen Candles? That was totally me in high school, I had to wear a back brace from 8th grade on. Yeah.
- Answering the question "Where are you from?" isn't easy for me, but now that I've settled in Chicago, I have no hesitation calling this city my home (sweet home). I have also lived in Des Plaines, IL; Springfield, IL; Oak Park, IL; Makanda, IL; Carbondale, IL; Urbana, IL; Champaign, IL; Homer, IL; Rolla, MO; Portville, NY; and was born in Olean, NY.
- My most favorite job ever was running an arts organization complete with an art gallery, community art school, historic home and ecclectic collections of art and artifacts. If I could have magically transplanted the Springfield Art Association to Chicago, I'd probably still be working there. I do miss working with art!
- My sewing themed tattoo made an appearance in the recent issue of Quilty magazine! Yes, that's my arm on page 40!
Don't forget to add your linky post to the list, and I hope to meet you in person in a few weeks!