Sewing with the Singer 101-4


This is by far one of my most favorite vintage sewing machines that I've owned, a Singer 101-4.


I found this machine in a thrift store a few years ago, and remember being really puzzled because I couldn't identify the model. It looked like a 201, but not quite! This machine has some fun, odd features (see the little video above), like the bottom of the machine being completely enclosed.


I posted about my 101-4 at length back when I first got it running, you can read that post here.


I've been an avid collector of old stuff, including sewing machines, for a number of years. 
You can find a list of machines I have owned in my collection by looking at the left sidebar of my blog. I don't collect as aggressively as in past days, but I'm also not going to pass up a good deal - if you know what I mean!

Comments

Erika's Top Trending Posts: