Folk Art Inspired Mini Quilt

How is this little appliqué mini for celebrating the arrival of Spring?

This mini was inspired by an old Pennsylvania Dutch folk art booklet I found at a second-hand store all about Hexology and Hex Signs.



The simple folk art shapes and bright colors have a really charming and vintage feel, and in the spirit of these designs I created a simple Spring Flower mini quilt. Oh, and I'm sharing a free pattern and tutorial to make the Spring Flowers project over at BERNINA's WeAllSew blog!


The simple appliqué shapes (all provided with a printable pattern) are fused with Pellon Wonder Under, and finished with a bit of stitching to add some dimension to the shapes.


The mini quilt finishes at about 14" square, which is also a good size for an Easter table topper.


I hope you enjoy the freebie, and if you happen to make a mini with the pattern and tutorial remember to tag me on Instagram @erika.mulvenna!

Comments

Erika's Top Trending Posts: