Most of us arrived Friday and spent the afternoon getting unpacked and settled in. Friday evening I worked on cutting and piecing a top with the Bernina 350PE. I used foot #57, a quarter inch foot with a guide built right in to help make perfect seams, a big help for a beginning quilter like myself!
Saturday morning we were all set up and ready to roll - here's what it looked like at the beginning of the day.
I finished stitching all the blocks for the Amy Butler "Sexy Hexy Love" quilt - here it is before I sewed it all together. This is some Dick and Jane fabrics (along with a few others) that I've been
Saturday afternoon we did a group charity project, each of us working to make a free-form log cabin block to build a quilt. I worked with my table-mate Eileen on this orange and blue block.
It looked pretty dang awesome when it all came together!
I spent the rest of the retreat adding to this project, which I started about a month ago. I'm not sure where it's headed or what it will be, but it's been fun to work on. These are the remainder of the vintage scraps I used to make the quilts for myself and my kiddo.
And now I've got to get back to unpacking...happy stitching!