Home Again, Home Again!

I'm home and (still) unpacking from the Spring Chicago Modern Quilt Guild retreat! I can't believe how much stuff I packed in my car. We were wondering who would win for "Most Crap Packed in the Car", and it really looked like some of us were pretty close!


Most of us arrived Friday and spent the afternoon getting unpacked and settled in. Friday evening I worked on cutting and piecing a top with the Bernina 350PE. I used foot #57, a quarter inch foot with a guide built right in to help make perfect seams, a big help for a beginning quilter like myself!


Saturday morning we were all set up and ready to roll - here's what it looked like at the beginning of the day.


I finished stitching all the blocks for the Amy Butler "Sexy Hexy Love" quilt - here it is before I sewed it all together. This is some Dick and Jane fabrics (along with a few others) that I've been hoarding holding on to for the past several years. It felt good to finally cut into them!


Saturday afternoon we did a group charity project, each of us working to make a free-form log cabin block to build a quilt. I worked with my table-mate Eileen on this orange and blue block.


It looked pretty dang awesome when it all came together!


I spent the rest of the retreat adding to this project, which I started about a month ago. I'm not sure where it's headed or what it will be, but it's been fun to work on. These are the remainder of the vintage scraps I used to make the quilts for myself and my kiddo.


And now I've got to get back to unpacking...happy stitching!

Comments

Sarah C said…
Erika, I wanted to let you know I nominated you for the Liebster Award! Details about the award can be found on my blog.
http://smclevenger.blogspot.com/
Emily said…
Awesome recap! Such a fun weekend!!

Erika's Top Trending Posts: