It's Starting To Pile Up

I haven't had a lot of time to sew in the past few weeks, and the piles of unfinished "stuff" are really starting to take over my sewing space. This messy looking pile is a project I worked on at the Chicago Modern Quilt Guild spring retreat but didn't finish.


I know exactly how I want to finish this little quilt, I just need to find the time! And then there is the Dick and Jane giant hexagon quilt that I also worked on at the CMQG spring retreat. Right now this top, the batting and backing are piled up in the corner, waiting patiently for me.


And, I'm also working on an exciting new project - designing a simple geometric quilt block for BERNINA! I worked out the kinks yesterday and made a final sample, and now its on to all the step-by-step directions.


I've been working on this project for several weeks, and it will become an official BERNINA project later on this year. Don't worry, I'll be sure to post all the deets when the project becomes available!

Then there are a couple of piles floating around that are projects-in-waiting. This pile may or may not become a small quilt, and includes a pretty vintage printed feed sack.


And these fabrics are meant to be a large hexagon quilt for my tot's bed, inspired by a colorful hexagon quilt in one of her storybooks. Some of these are vintage fabrics, and some are new.

 
So now you know what's on my sewing agenda for the next few weeks! What sewing projects are keeping you busy these days?

Comments

Donna said…
Fun to see someone else's project list. Wasn't it cathartic to do this post?
Emily said…
I feel about the same - but I just keep piling things on top! Three major projects to finish by the end of may... I should get going! :)

Erika's Top Trending Posts: