What's Goin' On

What's been going on since my last post? Almost too much, really - I feel like I can't keep up! And that sounds familiar, doesn't it? I seem to be really good at ending up with too many irons in the fire.

So. For reals, I am so done trying to do more than I have time for. And, as usual, I have a plan. First, finish up all in-process projects. Luckily, there's only two things I'm working on right now:


I'm making another run of embroidered nametags for the Chicago Modern Quilt Guild membership - and I've stitched 28 out of 32 tags - will have these finished today. Check!


Yeah, then there's THIS THING. In my head, this was going to be a simple, small exercise in improve piecing - but instead of a block or even a baby quilt, the damned thing ended up being 70" X 80", and now I'm struggling to finish it. Sheesh. Why is it that quilting always goes faster in your head? I'll have to find time to fit this in, and hope to have it finished in a few weeks.

So, as soon as I'm finished with the above junk, I will be getting back to my own creative work. This will be my next - and only - project. I had started in this direction with a few smaller things, this landscape and this - umm, also kind of a landscape. I need to make a few tests to see that my dye recipes are going to give me the right color results, and to make sure that my math is correct for the overall piece. I've already don't some calculations in my sketchbook.


I hope that sharing my progress here with all of you will be a way to help me stay on track with this project, since obviously I seem to have issues with being waaaay to easily distracted. I've also recruited a few friends to help keep me stay in line by sharing my progress with them (and they are also sharing their projects and progress with me, which is double-plus good).

So. There it is. Here's hoping that you stay tuned for more, and I'll keep posting progress reports along the way.

Comments

Emily said…
Ah. I can't believe you only have two projects going.... Wow. I have... at least half a dozen that I'm currently working on. But the worst is when I've finished the project but need to take / edit pictures to write about them! :) I hope you can cross some stuff off your lists soon. I'm looking forward to seeing your next project take shape!

Erika's Top Trending Posts: